Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Finn's getting comfortable

Finn is loving it here, and has asked to be allowed to sleep in the bedroom with the rest of the group.  He is polite about being in the crate, but wants at least someone there with him.  So we moved his crate into the bedroom and he was as happy as a clam.

He's also eating kibble now, quite enthusiastically.  We think his tummy may have been a bit off, what with the neutering and the stress of being relocated a few times. 

This morning I spent a few minutes with him teaching him his name (when I say his name, he should make eye contact with me).  He got it very quickly. 

I would describe his personality as cheerful, bright, sweet, and polite.  My Borzoi is trying to engage him in play but he doesn't seem to know what to do-- toys baffle him.  He politely puts his paws on my legs asking to be held, and was happy to be gently scooped into my lap.  He's hungry for contact. 

He continues to be an absolute delight.  It stuns me that dogs like this get abandoned and euthanized every day.  Thank God for rescue groups like St. Anthony's Canine Rescue.  We saved a real gem here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment